About Bodies for Birth, My Company & Passion:
It’s your village and your source for connection and resources in the community. It’s my firm belief that women deserve to be supported holistically throughout pregnancy and postpartum.
I promise to meet you exactly where you are, providing referrals, support, education and commitment all along the way.
No matter where you are in your journey, Bodies for Birth can help!
One-on-One Fitness Services span from Preconception through Postpartum and are designed with your individual needs in mind.
Bodies for Birth Mission:
- To dispel myths and misconceptions regarding prenatal exercise.
- To provide evidence-based information and professional instruction through intentionally designed curriculum.
- To prepare women mentally and physically for the work of labor, delivery and motherhood.
- To provide for the most competent care with oversight from medical and fitness professionals.
- To provide holistic support through individualized care, education, the provision of referrals to community resources and complimentary therapies and practitioners.
- To provide accessibility to information, education, resources and group training so that all women have the opportunity to receive this training and preparation.
Bodies for Birth Vision:
- To change the conversation about exercise during pregnancy; thereby creating a Birth & Fitness Revolution.
- To help influence better health outcomes for women and babies receiving maternity care in the United States.
- To create healthier generations; one mom and baby at a time.
Bodies for Birth Philosophy & Structure:
I believe that exercise during pregnancy and postpartum can be appropriate for most women, but I also believe that it must be individualized. There is no “one size fits all” prescription for exercise ever, but especially during pregnancy and postpartum!
With a nursing background at the foundation of my work, assessment is paramount. An initial One-on-One consultation lays the framework for prenatal training with Bodies for Birth and allows for essential individualization. Following this, training in the group setting may begin!
Group training is appropriate for women from conception right up until delivery and all stages of fitness are welcome! Not only will you build mental and physical strength, but you will build your village of support and love as well.
Postpartum Training can begin once you have received clearance from your provider to return to exercise! And, again, this must be individualized. The best place to begin is with a “Postpartum Recovery” One-on-One. Following this, training in the group setting may begin!
Postpartum Group Training is appropriate for all stages of postpartum and addresses some of the most common concerns women face during this time, as well as those specific to you! You will find immense support, heaps of education and of course get a great workout too!