You’re looking for the best information regarding fitness during pregnancy and postpartum. Private sessions will address your specific needs, goals and concerns. With a nursing background at the foundation, I bring specialized knowledge to best individualize a program for you at any stage of fitness and motherhood. Private sessions are appropriate throughout your journey and are recommended should you have any concerns about beginning an exercise program. If you’re not sure where to begin, here’s your first step!
What you can expect from this session:
- Review of your medical/fitness background
- Discussion of your goals for pursing Bodies for Birth Services
- Any goals for your preconception/labor/delivery/postpartum recovery as applicable
- Education regarding perinatal exercise guidelines
- In postpartum, we will assess for diastasis recti and provide a preliminary screen for pelvic floor dysfunction
- Referrals to local practitioners and services as desired and applicable
- Education and practice regarding alignment, safe prenatal and postpartum core strengthening and diaphragmatic breathing
- Thorough notes on the information covered in our session
- A plan for moving forward on your prenatal fitness journey
- Follow-up with accountability check-ins if desired and as agreed upon mutually
$145 plus tax/50 minute session
- All new clients must please complete the Bodies for Birth New Client Information Packet 1:2018. This packet contains all of the forms you need.
- Please note that Part II prompts you to complete a brief electronic Physical Activity Readiness Medical Examination. At the end of your survey, you will receive a recommendation for exercise or a recommendation to pursue clearance from your provider.
- Upon completion of the New Client Information Packet, should you have any contraindications for exercise, please contact me directly to discuss further. Thank you!
- In order to participate in services with BODIES FOR BIRTH, you must please submit this paperwork 48 hours prior to the start of class or to your private session.
- This can be done via e-mail or postal mail to the studio address: 6512 Phinney Ave N, Seattle WA 98103.
- Should you need to cancel or reschedule, please do so with at least 24 hours in advance of appointment. Cancellations less than 24 hours prior to appointment will result in a full charge for the missed session.