You’re sure to leave feeling nourished and energized! Learn more about the evidence-based benefits of yoga in pregnancy and postpartum!
A mellow flowing yoga practice with focus on moving through traditional yoga poses to increase strength, flexibility, and balance. We will take extra care to be mindful and aware of these movements. You will come out feeling strong, calm and stretched–a great way to start the week! Appropriate for all levels of fitness and stages of motherhood including preconception, pregnancy and following clearance from provider in postpartum.
A safe and supportive space for your journey to motherhood (and beyond). A prenatal practice may help you relieve pregnancy aches and pains, prepare for birth and connect with local moms-to-be. Along with performing postures modified for the needs of your body, you’ll cultivate a breathing practice, develop stamina and strength and improve balance and circulation. Appropriate for all levels of fitness and stages of pregnancy. You’re welcome to join us in preconception and postpartum too!
Yoga for Mamas
Meet Your Instructors:
Saasha teaches “Mindful Flow” and “Prenatal Express” at Bodies for Birth. She has been practicing yoga since 1998 and became a certified yoga teacher in 2014; yoga has enhanced every aspect of her life.
She has a love and passion for not only yoga, but for helping others. Saasha is also a mom, who enjoys paddle boarding, biking, hiking, camping and really anything outside!
In Saasha’s classes you will experience lots of happiness and joy. She creates a space that is sure to leave you feeling great with a smile on your face!
Emily teaches “Yoga for Mamas” at Bodies for Birth. Emily was raised by a yoga teacher, but the challenges of postpartum and motherhood are what ultimately drew her to deepen her practice. Her own experience of yoga as a source of healing inspired her to become a yoga teacher herself.
- More yoga offerings coming soon! Check the MindBody schedule for openings!
- A Bodies for Birth Private Session is an OPTIONAL one-on-one service prior to joining the group setting, but is recommended if you have any concerns
- Classes are non-transferrable; this means that you will not be able to “make-up” previous missed classes elsewhere (ie: during another series)
- All new clients must please complete the Bodies for Birth, LLC- New Client Information 2018 This packet contains all of the forms you need.
- Please note that Part II prompts you to complete a brief electronic Physical Activity Readiness Medical Examination. At the end of your survey, you will receive a recommendation for exercise or a recommendation to pursue clearance from your provider.
- In postpartum, please wait to join the group setting until 6-8 weeks following delivery unless otherwise specified by your provider.
- Upon completion of the Bodies for Birth New Client Information 1-2018, if you have specific concerns or any reason to believe exercise might be a problem for you, please reach out to discuss suitability of programs with a Bodies for Birth staff member at 206-734-5902
- In order to participate in services with BODIES FOR BIRTH, you must please submit this paperwork 48 hours prior to the start of class or to your private session.
- This can be done via e-mail or postal mail to the studio address: 6512 Phinney Ave N, Seattle WA 98103.