Choose any offering on the schedule for the perfect complement to your other Bodies for Birth training! You’re sure to leave feeling nourished and energized!
A mellow flowing yoga practice with focus on moving through traditional yoga poses to increase strength, flexibility, and balance. We will take extra care to be mindful and aware of these movements. You will come out feeling strong, calm and stretched–a great way to start the week! Appropriate for all levels of fitness and stages of motherhood including preconception, pregnancy and following clearance from provider in postpartum.
A safe and supportive space for your journey to motherhood (and beyond). A prenatal practice may help you relieve pregnancy aches and pains, prepare for birth and connect with local moms-to-be. Along with performing postures modified for the needs of your body, you’ll cultivate a breathing practice, develop stamina and strength and improve balance and circulation. Appropriate for all levels of fitness and stages of pregnancy. You’re welcome to join us in preconception and postpartum too!
Yoga for Mamas
Meet Your Instructors:
Saasha teaches “Mindful Flow” and “Prenatal Express” at Bodies for Birth. She has been practicing yoga since 1998 and became a certified yoga teacher in 2014; yoga has enhanced every aspect of her life.
She has a love and passion for not only yoga, but for helping others. Saasha is also a mom, who enjoys paddle boarding, biking, hiking, camping and really anything outside!
In Saasha’s classes you will experience lots of happiness and joy. She creates a space that is sure to leave you feeling great with a smile on your face!
Emily teaches “Yoga for Mamas” at Bodies for Birth. Emily was raised by a yoga teacher, but the challenges of postpartum and motherhood are what ultimately drew her to deepen her practice. Her own experience of yoga as a source of healing inspired her to become a yoga teacher herself.
- $80 plus tax/4 classes, meeting weekly for four consecutive weeks
- Register through MindBody: Mindful Flow, Yoga for Mamas, Prenatal Express registration coming soon
- A Bodies for Birth Private Session is an OPTIONAL one-on-one service prior to joining the group setting, but is recommended if you have any concerns
- Classes are non-transferrable; this means that you will not be able to “make-up” previous missed classes elsewhere (ie: during another series)
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to your first session to complete necessary paperwork
- Please make sure you’ve received clearance from your healthcare provider prior to beginning exercise in pregnancy and postpartum.
- In postpartum, please wait to join the group setting until 6-8 weeks following delivery unless otherwise specified by your provider.
- If you have specific concerns or any reason to believe exercise might be a problem for you, please reach out to discuss suitability of programs with a Bodies for Birth staff member at 206-734-5902