At Bodies for Birth, we’re all about resources, community and education. That’s why we offer complimentary classes on our schedule. Join us for a variety of workshops, Infant Massage, Dancing for Birth, CPR and more.
At Bodies for Birth, we believe in complimentary movement, joyful movement, community, support and fun!
We are so thrilled to host Libby Golden as she brings her Dancing For Birth™ classes to our community and Phinney location! Classes begin on Friday, October 13th and are appropriate for all stages of pregnancy and postpartum.
At Bodies for Birth, we believe in education, love…and any excuse to love on our babies!
We are so thrilled to host Libby Golden as she brings her class, “The Loving Hands Art of Infant Massage” class to our community and Phinney location!
Weekly class $20 for baby 1mo.~ 6mo. with caregiver. Prenatal folks are welcome too. Contact Libby directly to register!
Learn more about your instructor, Libby Golden:
Libby Golden LMP
Sacred Portal Doula Care
We spend so much time preparing and reorganizing our life for the baby on board. Take time to support and prepare your body. This course will give you all you need to know about the physical changes occurring during pregnancy. Prepare your body to have the best possible outcomes post baby!
- Why Birth Out of the Hospital?
- Who Makes a Good Candidate?
- What Do Midwives bring to the Birth?
- As well as dispelling the myths and answering your questions!
- What are the core muscles and learn some exercises to find them…
- Ergonomics and postures for moms of babies and toddlers.
- Check for an abdominal separation and figure out how to heal it.
- What is a prolapse? And how do I know if I have one?
- Leaking Urine? Find out solutions to stop beyond kegals
- Safe post-partum exercise and activities and workouts to avoid.
“CPR for Parents and Families Course”
At Bodies for Birth, we believe in education, resources and empowerment!
CPR Seattle provides engaging training that will leave you feeling empowered and ready should you need to use your lifesaving skills.
Infants are welcome, and children under 10 are enrolled for free with an enrolled adult. The whole family can learn skills that day, that they can practice together at home to keep their loved ones safe!
The CPR for Parents and Families Course teaches the lifesaving skills of adult Hands-Only CPR, adult CPR with breaths, adult and child AED use, infant CPR, and mild and severe airway block for adults, children and infants. Skills are taught in a dynamic group environment using the AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which provides student with the most hands-on CPR practice possible.
CPR for Parents and Families is for people who want to learn CPR but do not need a CPR course completion card to meet a job requirement. This course is ideal for community groups, new parents, grandparents, babysitters, and others interested in learning how to save a life.
- Uses AHA’s research-proven practice-while-watching technique, which improves learning and retention
- Classroom format works well for learners who prefer group interaction and feedback while learning skills
- Each student receives high-quality course materials for ongoing reference
- This class will be offered: TBD. Please e-mail with interest and we will schedule once we have met our minimum. Thank you!
- Limited to 10 attendees/class
- Contact Maura Shirey directly to register at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cost: $60/person
- Payable via cash/check prior to class or on the day of class. Checks should be made payable to “Bodies for Birth”