One of a kind, specialized group training for the work of pregnancy and postpartum. This is mind-body preparation at it’s finest: challenging, fun and always supportive. If you’re ready to feel energized, strong and to gain fitness in pregnancy (yes, it’s possible!!), let’s get started!
Classes are booked for four consecutive weeks with new sessions beginning monthly. View the February 2018 Calendar here!
And, no…we don’t offer classes on a drop-in basis, because we want to get results! We want you to gain strength, confidence, a community, to feel prepared, supported and loved. All of this and more comes with showing up consistently…on the good days and the harder days! Don’t worry, we’ve got you! We’re here for support, encouragement and hugs in addition to fitness!
Our program is progressive in nature, meaning that you can join at any time in pregnancy and can continue right up until delivery! The beginning of each series will lay the foundation for strength and we will build weekly. By week four, you will most certainly feel stronger. Our classes are appropriate for all stages and fitness levels. Preconception and postpartum clients are always welcome as well!
What you can expect:
- Professional, specialized instruction with modifications for all levels of fitness and the common discomforts of pregnancy and postpartum.
- Functional bodyweight exercises and resistance training.
- To learn about and practice the fundamentals that will help to maintain comfort in pregnancy including alignment, diaphragmatic breathing and core strength.
- Cardio intervals and specialized labor preparation intervals (1) with guided imagery and visualization to help you stay strong, toned and fit!
- To gain not only physical strength and endurance, but mental resilience as well.
- To train your mind and body to recover efficiently from physical exertion and to remain calm despite a body that’s working hard physically. These tools are essential for every individual’s labor preparation!
- A supportive, fun class environment.
- A warm, loving community.
- A clean, inviting fitness space that was intentionally designed with your needs and comfort in mind.
Participating throughout pregnancy is strongly recommended as you’ll gain the most benefits from continuing to work with your evolving body right up until delivery! Group training is appropriate for both the beginner and the veteran exerciser.
- All new clients must please complete the Bodies for Birth New Client Information Packet 1:2018. This packet contains all of the forms you need.
- Please note that Part II prompts you to complete a brief electronic Physical Activity Readiness Medical Examination. At the end of your survey, you will receive a recommendation for exercise or a recommendation to pursue clearance from your provider.
- Upon completion of the New Client Information Packet, should you have any contraindications for exercise, please contact me directly to discuss further. Thank you!
- In order to participate in services with BODIES FOR BIRTH, you must please submit this paperwork 48 hours prior to the start of class or to your private session.
- This can be done via e-mail or postal mail to the studio address: 6512 Phinney Ave N, Seattle WA 98103.
- A Private Session is an OPTIONAL one-on-one service prior to joining group training sessions.
- Small group training sessions (4 clients min, 8 clients max) are booked monthly for four consecutive visits (i.e.: four Saturdays).
- You are eligible for one drop-in per series to make up for a missed class.
- Additional make up options include: A single One-on-One training session at 50% off or a PDF of an at-home workout for your use.
- Classes are non-transferrable; this means that you will not be able to “make-up” previous missed classes elsewhere (ie: during another series).
- $100 plus tax for four training sessions
(1) Adapted from Labor Training ®, “Get Fit For Birth”, Pre & Post Natal Corrective Exercise Specialist Course Curriculum